Installing Search Console
First, you need to have a Google Search Console account and Yoast plugin. Sign up here for a Search Console account. Once you’ve done that, you can follow the steps below:
1. Go to Google Search Console
2. Click“Add a property” under the search drop-down
3. Enter your website URL in the box and click"Continue”
4. Click the arrow next to“HTML tag” to expand the option
5. Copy the meta tag
6. Log in to your WordPress website
7. Click on SEO - General - Webmaster Tools
8. Paste the code in the Google field and click“Save Changes”.
9. Go back to Google Search Console and click“Verify”.
Check the full tutorial here.