Expired Support: What to do if you've found a bug?
In 85% of support tickets we receive, the website issues that our clients struggle with, are related to caching and server limitations, another 10% are conflicts created by various 3rd plugins and extensions. The rest are related to bug fixes or customization requests.
Because of this, you might have a situation where a function from the theme doesn't function properly and you might think you've found a bug, when in reality, we're talking about a cache issue, a third party conflict, etc.
Because Flothemes supports bugs or product-related issues throughout the whole lifespan of a theme, you can request a fix for a bug, regardless of having an active support subscription or not.
Before doing so, there are a few steps to complete to make sure we're talking about a bug, not a third-party conflict.
Steps to Follow
To request a fix, there are a few steps to complete to make sure we're talking about a bug, not a third-party conflict.
1. First and foremost, make sure you've checked our troubleshooting guidelines and documentation. Something as simple as googling your issue can help you get your problem solved within minutes.
2. Test if the issue is present on another browser/ device. If not, it means you have a temporary cache issue.
3. Update your Flo Plugins, theme, WordPress version (if you're a Classic and Flextheme user). Clear your cache and check if the issue persists.
4. Disable all third-party plugins. Clear your cache and check if the issue persists.
5. If you have an issue such as - changes not being saved, an error when trying to save a FlexBlock, you're not able to upload content, or you receive errors that start with 5 (i.e. 500, 502, 503), we recommend reaching out to your hosting provider to make sure that your server allocates enough resources for your website to operate as it should, here are the recommended values.
I followed these steps, what's next?
If your issue is still present after completing the 5 steps described above, there's a chance you've found a bug. Submit a ticket via the "Request a Fix" form and the team will get back to you with a resolution.