Flexthemes version 2.6.1 | What’s new and how to update your theme?
This week we’re releasing important updates for all Flexthemes users. This post is for you if you own one of the following themes - Mono, Lyra, June, Elise, Velvet, Verso, Faro, Nomade, Zephyr, Nessa, Cotton, or Ember.
How to update your Flextheme
Important Step after Updating
After successfully updating your theme, please go to Flotheme -> Posts and simply resave the Global Post Layout.
Then perform the same action for Galleries under Flotheme -> Galleries -> Global Layout
What’s new in version 2.6.1 of your Flextheme
- Show a static, curated Instagram feed, linked to your Instagram account. This can be done by using the"Upload Images" option, instead of the FloSocial IG Feed, in the Footer > Instagram Area. Here's how to do it.
This option is great for 2 reasons - it allows you to thoroughly curate how your website’s footer looks at any time. Plus, by uploading scaled, optimized images - you get to save some additional MBs for your page size, thus ensuring a faster loading time. The optimal image size would be 640x640px. make sure to also run them through JPEGmini or TinyPNG.
- Show a Live Instagram Feed - once you update your theme, in the Footer > Instagram Area you’ll notice that the“FloSocial IG Feed” option is replaced with“Shortcode”. This allows you to use any third-party plugin to display your Instagram feed. We’ve tested a plugin called Smash Balloon (you can use the Free version, it works just fine), which works seamlessly with our themes. Here’s a tutorial on how to add Smash Ballon to your Flextheme.
- Miscellaneous settings > Added option for preloading theme icons;
- Minor code optimization improvements;
- Mobile Header > Added mobile search option. Now you can add a search bar to your mobile site.
- Slideshow blocks-> Added keyboard navigation. This will allow your users to browse through your slideshow by clicking on their keyboard arrows. They can still click on the slideshow itself to navigate through the slides.
- Related Items-> Added item sorting options. Before, the Related Items block would allow you to display recommend posts at the bottom of your articles in a random manner. Now you have the option to display them based on their titles(alphabetical order), in a chronological order(newest or oldest), or in a random order.
- Listing Blocks-> Increased Items Per Page to 60;
- Updated bundled ACF plugin;
- Support for PHP 8.0. Be sure to update your theme first, then your PHP. If you encounter any issues after updating to PHP 8.0, please let us know by submitting a support ticket.
- Contact Blocks > Added support for posts and custom post types. Now you can include your WP Contact Block into any post or gallery.
- Fixed Gunteberg editor image align options;
- Rename Analytics Code field to Header Scripts. You can add your Google Analytics code, your Facebook Pixel or any other third party code.
- Highlight Flothemes admin submenu;
- Various bug and styling fixes;